The benefits of advertising on YouTube far outweigh any reservations you may have about incorporating video ads into your marketing strategy. To truly maximize these benefits it is important you take the time to invest in creating a video ad that is creative and personal. Make a video that will resonate with your target audience and will motivate them to share it with others.
To start advertising your business, product, or services on YouTube, get in touch with Hive Studio.
Before talking about benefits in details let’s know first YouTube ads types
YouTube advertising Types
In Stream TrueView Ads
When a viewer chooses to watch a video on YouTube, the In Stream ads appear at the beginning, like a TV advert. After five seconds, the viewer is given the option to skip the ad.But if it’s engaging and relevant enough, they may choose to watch the whole thing. You only pay if the viewer chooses to watch over 30 seconds of material, or if the video is shorter, you’ll be charged if they view your video to the end. You’ll also pay if they click on the advert to watch your video. You do not pay for the five second preview.
In Stream ads can be used when you want to promote a video content on similar categories. So for instance, if you sell conveyor belts, you could advertise your business to an individual who chooses to view a video on conveyor belt maintenance.
In Display and In Search TrueView Ads
In Display ads can be used to advertise across YouTube, as well as Google’s Display Network. On both mobile and desktop versions of YouTube, your ads are advertised in the search results pages and watch pages. Much like traditional Display advertising, your ads appear asan image with up to three lines of text. When a potential customer clicks on the ad they are redirected to the YouTube watch or channel page to watch it.
For both types of ads you can target different age groups, genders, topics, or interests, so you can reach audiences as big or as small as you like. You can even target keywords or specific videos and channels. However, you need to ensure that certain channels are still opted in for advertising – some big brands remove this option so as not to annoy their customers.
As with free advertising on YouTube, it is still wise to optimise your videos to endure that viewers can read as much information about your business as possible.
Benefits of YouTube Advertising:
- Reach:easily reach your audience; there are over 1 billion unique visits to YouTube each month with visitors watching over six billion hours of video. Of all the available marketing channels, YouTube has the potential to reach the largest percentage of the population.
- Targeting:While YouTube’s overall reach is certainly incredible, reach means nothing if you are not “reaching” the people in your target audience. With YouTube advertising you can use precision targeting based on demographics, location, interests, viewing devices (laptop, cell phone, tablet, etc.) and even time of day to ensure that your message gets in front of the right people.
You only pay when someone chooses to watch your video, either by clicking on it or watching the whole thing. This means that your videos are being watched by an audience that you know is interested in what you have to say.
- Durability:Google Adwords gives you the option of establishing a start and end date for your video campaign. However, unlike other advertising campaigns that require an expiration date YouTube ads can run forever. No matter when a new potential customer begins a search your video message can be ready to respond.
- Affordability:You do not need a large marketing budget to advertise effectively on YouTube. Google AdWord’s flexible pay-per-view (PPV) system allows you to set a weekly budget and even determine the maximum amount you want to pay per view (this is known as max cost-per-view (CPV)).
- Share-ability:The brilliant combination of video access, sharing, and community within YouTube and particularly your target audience creates an opportunity for audience engagement, and consequently business growth, that is matchless. If a viewer finds your video to be informative or entertaining, or both, they have the option of sharing it with others. Thus, significantly expanding the reach of your video.
- Measurability: One of the greatest benefits of YouTube advertising is the ability to measure the success of your ad campaign. With traditional advertising channels it is almost impossible to determine if you have really reached your target audience. With Google AdWords you have free access to analytics reports. These reports include the number of people who have seen your video and the number of new customers that have connected with your business through your video, as well as details where these people are coming from.
- Adjustability:Closely related to measurability is adjustability. When you understand the people interacting with your ad, you can tailor your campaign to better suit them; thus, increasing your chances of engagement.
- Develop a Connection:Video ads allow you to interact with potential customers in an authentic and meaningful way. By using a creative video ad to connect with people you can motivate them to choose your company.
- Obtain Consumer Feedback:Consumers are more likely to directly respond to YouTube ads using YouTube’s comments section. By welcoming these comments you can gain more insight directly from consumer and further your interactions with them by responding to their comments.
- Effectiveness: video converts better than any other content.